According to an annual survey, America’s favorite tailgating foods are wings, burgers, and pizza. 53% said beer is the best thing to drink at a tailgate. And 49% said corn hole is the best game to play.
1. Our favorite tailgating food is WINGS with 25% of the vote, followed by burgers, pizza, hot dogs, nachos, and tacos. (That doesn’t necessarily mean wings are the most common tailgating food. Just the most popular.)
2. Our favorite thing to drink at a tailgate is beer with 53% of the vote, followed by mixed drinks, iced tea, wine or wine coolers, and Gatorade.
3. 24% of fans said they DON’T usually drink at a tailgate. 32% said they have one or two drinks . . . 20% said three to four . . . 11% said five or six . . . 4% said seven or eight . . . and 9% said they drink MORE than that.
4. 49% of people said corn hole is the best tailgating game. The rest of the top five are beer pong, frisbee or catch, flip cup, and ladder toss.
5. 70% of fans said college tailgates are better than NFL tailgates.
6. 61% said the best place to watch football is at home, or at a friend’s place. 12% would rather be at a bar. Only 11% said being AT the game is best. And 16% don’t care where they watch, as long as there’s plenty of food.
Football season is a good consolation for the end of summer. Tailgating and football-watching parties are a good excuse to chow down on wings, pizza, nachos and other game-day fare. And, whether your team wins or loses, you get to bond with fellow fans over cornhole and beer pong.